To be considered for admission candidates must:
1. Have a Bachelors’ degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher learning with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students without business degrees MUST complete the mandatory pre-requisites highlighted below.
2. Complete the online application which includes submitting two contacts for letters of reference, uploading a one page personal statement, and a resume.
3. Submit a competitive GMAT (550+) or equivalent GRE score. Submit an official GMAT or GRE score that is no more than 5 years old. We do not have a “minimum” score requirement; candidates with a 550+ GMAT score or equivalent GRE score (1100 old test; 152 V and 152 Q new test) are encouraged to apply. Significant preparation, ideally two months of studying, is encouraged for either exam. Testing information can be found here:
We regret we do not waive the test requirement for individuals who already possess a graduate degree, professional degree, or significant professional work experience.
4. Candidates who meet the admission criteria will be interviewed as a final component of the admission process.
5. Admission decisions are not based on successful completion of the required pre-requisites. However, admitted students are not permitted to begin the program until requirements have been met with a “C” or better. Complete the course equivalents of Principles of Accounting I (ACCY201 at Ole Miss) and Business Finance (FIN331 at Ole Miss). These courses can be completed as part of an undergraduate program or can be taken after earning an undergraduate degree at any accredited institution. To view equivalent courses from other institutions, please go to myolemiss (https://my.olemiss.edu/irj/portal) and log in as a guest (Guest Access). Click on “Transfer Equivalency Resources” in the menu at left to determine corresponding courses from other colleges and universities.
The admission requirements listed above are the minimum required for consideration for admission. Meeting all of these requirements does not guarantee admission. Admission is competitive with limited space available.