Our Success starts with your involvement...
As an alumnus or friend of the School of Business we encourage you to get involved with one, or all, of the many opportunities in which you can participate.
Current State of the School | Five Year Vision | Development
Seven Ways You Can Get Involved
1. Become an MBA Mentor. Each MBA student is matched with a mentor who provides guidance throughout the program, career advice, and helps his or her student to develop business networks.
2. Be a guest speaker. In a typical year, more than 100 guest speakers visit the Ole Miss School of Business to share their experiences and industry insights with our students.
3. Judge Speaker's Edge or the Gillespie Business Plan Competition. We invite working professionals to participate as judges, offering support and expertise to our talented students competing in the areas of public speaking and entrepreneurship.
4. Recruit a Rebel. Get your company involved with the business school or career center to be a part of our recruiting events held throughout the year.
5. Give to the business school annual fund. If interested in learning about scholarship, graduate assistantship or other giving opportunities that have an impact on our students, please our development officers. You may donate online as well: Click Here
6. Attend a School of Business Event: Join us for one of the many events sponsored by the School of Business - Alumni Events in cities all across the south, MBA Symposium, Finance Symposium, MBA Golf Tournament, to name a few.
7. Visit Campus! If you plan to visit campus we are happy to help you arrange a tour, a meeting with our staff, a speaking opportunity, or a visit to a class.
Learn more about how to get involved by visiting these pages:
• Job Placement, Internships and Mentoring
• Provide Financial Support
• Networking With Students and Other Alumni
The Ole Miss School of Business Administration is dedicated to enhancing our relationships with businesses and business leaders to build mutually beneficial initiatives that help the School of Business Administration and its students interact with business. We welcome additional opportunities to partner with business. Please contact us for more information as shown below.
Thank you for your support of Ole Miss Business students!
Current State of the School
U.S. News and World Report recently ranked the Ole Miss School of Business Administration in the top 60 public business schools nationwide.
U.S. News and World Report ranked The Ole Miss Professional Online MBA Program as a Top-25 program.
Through the hard word of our dedicated faculty and staff, we are happy to announce reaffirmation of our AACSB accreditation placing us in the ranks of the top five-percent of business schools worldwide.
The Online MBA program has seen solid growth over the last five years.M
University of Mississippi business faculty members consistently produce research in elite journals in their disciplines.
Five Year Vision for the School
The mission of the Ole Miss School of Business is to improve business and society by inspiring students, business and community leaders through advancing business knowledge and capabilities.
Our vision is to cultivate innovative and effective leaders through transformational educational opportunities that foster business knowledge acquisition, a strong work ethic, and collaboration skills to improve Mississippi, the region, and the world.
From our revised strategic plan, the goals are:
• Strategic Goal 1: Be the best Business School for Mississippi and the region
• Strategic Goal 2: Prepare Students for Lifelong Success
• Strategic Goal 3: Advance Knowledge and Innovation
• Strategic Goal 4: Improve Business School Funding
Naming opportunities are currently available for the School of Business, the MBA program, the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and others.
The MBA program is looking for financial resources to renovate the MBA classroom to provide the latest technology.